Welcome to filtsai.com! | Home | WAP | | Contact | Register | Login
Cooking: savory | sweet | techniques | uncategorized | all recipes
View Blargh

Blargh Archive:
<<<09/2017 | 10/2017 | 11/2017>>>
Search Blarghs:

Japanese Foie Gras
I keep hearing east coasters talk about how seafood on the east coast is so good and how it's too bad that I live in Chicago. I don't know what they're talking about, there's tons of good seafood in Chicago and being centrally located means we can get fresh fish from both coasts. I have no doubt that seafood in New York and Boston is excellent but Hartford remains the blight of the east coast in this regard as well. I eat sushi fairly regularly in Hartford but the quality and variety just isn't that good.

On the other hand, last year I found Sakuma, a nice sushi restaurant in a strip mall near my home. I had a sudden craving for some good sushi on Saturday so I returned to Sakuma and was pleasantly surprised again.

This week they had a new special with Japanese delicacy called Ankimo. It is sometimes called "Japanese foie gras" and is a specially prepared, seasoned, sake washed Monkfish liver.

The dish was basically ankimo wrapped in unagi and drizzled with terriyaki sauce, pretty simple. I took my first bite and with the distinct unagi and sauce flavor, I couldn't really taste the ankimo, so I had a piece on it's own. It did not taste like a typical liver and tasted more like other Asian roasted fish eggs such as salted mullet roe a.k.a. karasumi except it was soft and tender. I thought it was quite good.
Posted 04/06/2009 08:01 AM in Food, Japan, Restaurants, Reviews | Total Comments: (13)
Link To This Blargh

Comments

about pillow pets
Stop by our web-site today to get a lot of important info about
Submitted by pillowsq on 03/25/2011 06:20 PM

Will you grow hens?
Hey ,! My spouse and I wished to ask would you grow birds? Could it be really worth it? I love birds Why not let me know your own viewpoint
Submitted by cretFleerheaf on 11/01/2011 07:10 PM

moncler london
My knowledge is mainly with the tin cloth Cruiser. I had my original 1 for approx. 14yrs. just before it was stolen. I used to pack it in my Army gear 'A' bag for field deployments. Employed it in the Panama rain forest, Ft. Lewis, WA, Ft. Bragg, NC, Ft. Benning, GA, Negative Kreuznack, Baumholder, Grafenwohr and Wildflicken, Germany (pretty wet and cold there) and Honduras. It made use of to keep me pretty dry. Obviously I had to hide it under various Army problem garments........poncho, or field moncler jackets or later on ECWS Gore-Tex. What I identified out was the older, the improved. But I was somewhat eccentric about reapplying the Filson wax. An individual in the Army had some dwelling created potion that was superlative for waterproofing. If I lived in a critical rain atmosphere I'd possibly experiment on my own for a rainproofing concoction. Just to mention - and kills me to complete so, was that I later wore Duluth Trading Firm fleece lined fire hose canvas moncler jackets and I was dry as a bone; absolutely nothing penetrated through along with the moncler jackets did not even get stained when I was carrying logs for the fire and I was outside shoveling snow too - nicely over and hour, maybe an hour and also a half and I was warmer, drier, a lot more comfy and had greater mobility than the Tin moncler jackets and liner.
Submitted by Tarae323simu on 11/08/2011 07:17 AM

You have to get know that I every time buy essaysor buy a term paper choosing writing services and some people buy essay writing about this topic . Thus, thank you for the the best stuff!
Submitted by Reeves22Opal on 03/05/2012 10:21 AM

answer this topic
first-class long post!! This post really makes substance and is very great. Though I didnít get time to find out the whole post, I think Iíll understand part by part. That occurs a pretty good issue for students, who does not have a writing ability, instead of simply ussing online papers.
Submitted by MALONEStaci34 on 03/09/2012 04:28 AM